Friday, September 03, 2004

Another week ends...

I have been here 3 weeks now and finally made some progress. NT4 has been replaced by XP, and a malfunctioning LAN cable replaced. Now I can zoom along at 10Mbits half duplex as opposed to 28.8kbits half duplex.. yaaaaaay.

So far, I've found this organisation to be an interesting place to work. Colleagues are an intriguing bunch. I would hazard that they are all techno-adoptees like me. This is sure different from the Baron's joint. Most of the guys wouldn't know a dual-layered 16X multi-format DVD burner if it hit them on the head in its box.

Today I attended a 4 hour productive meeting. An oxymoron I'm sure but it truely happened and I was pleasantly surprised. From what I have been told, meetings then to go all over the place but that did not happen. Anyway, it's a Friday and the weekend beckons. A couple of days away in the Retreat will do me wonders. At least there's gardening and my ride-on to take my mind off work.


No comments: