Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Surprising what you can get if you complain

So there I was wandering the local appliance shop looking at big screen tv's. Had my grubby heart set on a wonderful example of tv engineering - the Sony 60" SXRD. It met several of my criteria - it's big, it's bright and it's a Sony (actually belay the last).

Anyway went to ask a honest looking salesperson (an oxymoron) who gave me the worst sales experience of my life. Anything I asked was refused because according to the moron, he would only assist me if I undertake to purchase the tv of my dreams that day. Being one of the unwashed masses ( I looked like one, in sandals, shorts and a rather dirty shirt 'cos I had been doing the gardening before the missus dragged me out of the house), I told him that I would really like to have a demo of the TV before making such a decision. Being the dux of the local "School of How Not to Make a Sale", he continued on insisting that he not help me. So I stalked off and after cooling off, decided to write a feedback letter to the proprietor of the store pointing out that it would be good if some staff were sent to the "School of Why Customer is Always Right?" to get some post-grad qualifications and that I was severely disappointed in my experience and that it ruined my entire day out resulting in me having to hit the bottle causing it to break cutting my hand. *sigh*

To my surprise, I had an email response to my feedback. The proprietor agreed that more schooling was necessary and that he apologizes for what happen and he would offer me the TV at a price that was below what I have seen advertised in the country to date. Now.. what am I to do?

Decisions.. decisions.. decisions..

No comments: